Currently I hold the highest round on my friends list at 37 rounds, so I'd thought I'd post my strategy as to how to get through to the thirties as quickly as possible. This isn't really a beginners guide but more something to help those who are already fairy familiar with zombies/the map to advance up quickly.
Anyway, time to run through my pro tips:
- Feed Candy to Leroy next to the mystery box. This will prevent a teddy bear from spawning and the box will always stay in this location. You do not want the mystery box moving inside the maze.
- When you want to spend the rest of the round checking the box, create a crawler and feed Leroy candy next to it. He will babysit it for you and it will not die, until you tell him to kill it for you by attacking him.
- Visit the haunted house and witches every 4 rounds once you have 4 perks. This should allow them to follow you out of the house, and upon killing them, you will receive a perk bottle powerup, so you can obtain every perk in the map.
- Don't bother upgrading any weapons unless you have the Paralyzer and/or Ray Gun MK2. Otherwise you're better off putting a weapon from Tranzit/Die Rise in the fridge. Basically I aim to obtain these guns as early as possible so to enter the maze and get the upgrades over with ASAP before the area becomes unfeasible to enter with the strength and volume of zombies
- When upgrading before round 15, I camp just by the pack a punch with claymores behind me and raise the points to upgrade there, or find a long stretch of the maze to run up and down to break up the zombie spawns while using the paralyzer. I don't bother taking any points through the witches house, although if you have money to burn you may wish to take 15K+ while running through the house so you don't need to stick around the maze or pack a punch.
- Use the Paralyzer to jump over green doors in the maze.
Once I have this setup, I build all the traps (you can use Leroy here, just build one part, then feed him candy next to the work bench and he will make it for you), with the Turbine upstairs from the Jail, Resonator in the Courthouse, Head chopper in the Saloon and Tramplesteam in the Church. I then set up the traps as you'll see in the following and set up camp in the top floor of the courthouse, using primarily the Petrifyer (upgraded Paralyzer) and Porters Mark II Ray Gun as a backup. Using Vulture-Aid, I try to kill as many zombies as I can with the Petrifyer, and then pull out my Ray Gun when scavenging ammo so my ammo won't run dry so quickly. Just be careful not to let the Petrifyer overhead by having the dials reach 115.
The resonator is the primary machine for holding down your flank, however the turbine will falter down the line, so the head chopper will provide defense when the turbine recharges and the trample steam will serve as second to last resort to your claymores. When they appear to be damaged or smoking, simply leave a zombie at the last round, and re-position your trap so they are able to destroy it, so you can obtain a fresh one from the workbench. Be careful with the Tramplesteam though, as it can kill the zombies if it manages to prepare itself after you place it.
This seemed like a sustainable tactic up until round 37, at which point I made a mistake and died by trying to grab new traps at the wrong time. When it becomes unfeasible to replace your traps or they're just not getting the job done anymore, my best advice would be to run a train through courtyard outside of the jail, around the general store and saloon, then into the courthouse and using the Paralyser to levitate yourself to the top floor of the courthouse (or equip the ray gun mk2 to clear any zombies that happen to get in your way if you attempt to take the narrow stairway. A PDW-57 wall weapon can assist in getting points although for survival purposes, the Petrifyer and Ray gun MK2 are all you need.
Anyhow, how do you guys like to approach this map? Also if you have any questions I'm happy to try and answer them